Hello, people of Franklin! Sammi Caramela here with a new edition of the Franklin Daily.
First of all, the weather forecast for the day:
Cloudy and warm. High: 70 Low: 64.
Here are the 3 best Franklin stories today:
- Tennessee State Parks invites all Tennessee residents to take advantage of Day One Guided Hikes in State Parks to celebrate the New Year. All hikes take place on January 1, 2022, with the exception of the December 31 hikes at David Crockett State Park, Harrison Bay State Park, and Radnor Lake State Park. The hikes are designed for all ages and abilities; participants are encouraged to dress appropriately for the weather. (Clarksville online)
- As part of its 2021 annual grant-making process, the Community Foundation of Middle Tennessee (CFMT) announced $ 2,664,888 in grants to 439 local nonprofit organizations. the the grants will benefit nonprofits in 32 counties across the region, including Franklin. The main award categories were: human services (children and youth / women and men / seniors / emergency needs), arts and humanities, education and animal welfare. (rutherfordsource.com)
- This Christmas, a group of local musicians came together to help Williamson County families in need. the Leiper’s Fork Christmas Album 2021 characteristics 14 original and traditional Christmas carols performed by local artists. All product from the sale of the album will go to , a charity that provides assistance to children and families in need. (Source Williamson)
today Franklin Daily is brought to you in part by Newrez, one of the nation’s leading mortgage lenders. Make the right choice for your future and refinance with Newrez today. Call 844-979-1707 to get in touch with a Newrez loan officer. Newrez, LLC (NMLS # 3013)
- Of them Franklin museums classified among Yelp’s Top Rated Specialty Museums in Tennessee – can you guess which ones did? (WKRN News 2)
- Franklin Police Officer Nick Grandy was celebrated for 25 years of service before his retirement. Grandy plans to spend her retirement years working on her small farm and spending more time with her family. (Source Williamson)
- The search for a new house in the Franklin district? Discover the latest properties on the market. (Franklin Patch)
More from our sponsors – thank you for supporting the local news!
Do you like the Franklin Daily? Here are all the ways you can get more involved:
- Send this link to a friend or neighbor so they can subscribe
- Get your local business listed in front of readers
You are officially in the loop for today! I’ll be in your inbox tomorrow morning with your next update.
– Sammi Caramela
About me: Associate Editor at Lightning Media Partners and author of “Some Place Like Home”.