👋 Happy Friday everyone! I know we revealed our daily drivers earlier this week, but personally I’m on the hunt for a new phone, and yesterday I might have finally found it…
Pixel 7, Pixel Watch and Pixel Buds designs revealed
We’re still a few weeks away from Google’s official Pixel event on October 6, but the company has decided to take the plunge and reveal the full designs. You can see the image above, but here’s what we learned:
- The image, shared to the “Pixel Superfans Community” on Facebook, shows two Pixel 7 Pros, two Pixel Watches and a new set of Pixel Buds.
- The group is private so further details are not available, with the image taken from the group’s public header.
- Sure, we first saw the rear of the Pixel 7 Pro back in May at Google I/O, but that’s the first time we’ve seen the display.
- From the image, it appears to be a little flatter than the Pixel 6 Pro.
- Our poll indicated that curved screens are quite controversial, so it’s probably the right choice.
- Google also released a promotional video for the Pixel Watch, which you can see here.
- It looks quite stylish, featuring a round design with a crown and a single button on the side.
- We also took a look at some watch faces, several of which are Fitbit-related.
- The Pixel Watch website also says you’ll need a Fitbit account to access certain features, which is odd because Fitbit is getting rid of its accounts.
Pricing and other leaks
- But wait, there’s more!
- Another big leak yesterday may have revealed the price of the Pixel 7 series, and that’s good news.
- If accurate, the Pixel 7 and Pixel 7 Pro prices will match their $599 and $899 predecessors.
- This may not sound surprising, but given the current economic climate, this may be a rarity.
- We’ve rated the Pixel 6 as the best value smartphone you can buy, so it looks like the Pixel 7 will follow.
- Admittedly, this only shows US prices. If Google takes a page out of the iPhone 14 book, EU and UK prices could rise significantly.
- The big question is what will happen to the pricing of the Pixel 6 series. Will it still be sold at a lower price, like the iPhone 13? Or be deleted entirely?
- Personally, I hope for the first. A $499 Pixel 6 would be a steal, even if it comes up against the $449 Pixel 6a.
- Unless this one is also cheaper? A boy can dream.
- Check out more Pixel 7 rumors in our dedicated hub.
- Fresh off the press: A separate leak has revealed the Pixel tablet’s size and storage details. When it rains, it pours.
🧑⚖️ Facebook users are suing Meta for bypassing Apple security to spy on millions of people using code injected into third-party sites (Ars technique).
Never underestimate Japan when it comes to strange, but possibly innovative ideas. Earlier this month, Tokyo’s Shibuya district was home to a Tinder-themed convenience store called SwipeMart. There, more than 18 visitors were treated to gifts like Tinder socks and “Super Like” chips. If you were lucky, you might even have found the love of your dreams as the woman in the promo video.
It sounds ridiculous (and it is, honestly), but young people were lining up outside the store to take a picture for their Tinder profiles. Sadly, it was only open September 16-19, although judging by the buzz created online, it’s likely another store will be opening soon.